I started this blanket over a year ago when I found out that our good friends were having their first baby. At the time I was convinced they were going to have a boy so I started on this, of course, a couple months later we found out they were having a girl so this got shelved. While doing an office/craft room clean-up, I found this half-done blanket and decided to start working on it again. This is a fill-in project aka the one I work on when I get tired of the projects that I need to finish in a certain about of time. The pattern is the Leaping Stripes & Blocks Blanket from Moogly. This pattern works up quickly and is easy enough for a beginner. As I’m working on this blanket here and there, I’m not sure when it will be finished but I’ll post finished pictures once I get it done.
I wanted to use the yard I had in my stash so this is made up of a couple different brands of the same weight.
- Light tan ( the main color worked between color groups): Vanna’s Choice in Beige
- Dark brown: Unknown
- Medium brown: Vanna’s Choice in Toffee
- Medium brown (2): Vanna’s Choice in Honey
- Light brown: Deborah Norville Everyday in Caramel
- Light green: Vanna’s Choice in Lime
- Medium green: Vanna’s Choice in Fern
- Medium green (2): Vanna’s Choice in Kelly Green
- Dark green: Deborah Norville Everyday in Pine Green
- Dark blue: Vanna’s Choice in Navy
- Medium blue (1): Vanna’s Choice in Colonial Blue
- Medium blue (2): Dusty Blue
- Light blue: Silver Blue
I’m going to try posting at least once a week regarding what I’m currently working on. I find that it’s good motivation for me to finish things up. If you’re anything like me, you have a box, bag or whatever with some projects half-finished. Maybe this will motivate you to also finish some of your half-done projects. Have a great day everyone!